Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Look What I Found at Spaceboy Today

The plan was supposed to be simple: Just go in there, buy the new Spoon and Neil Young's On the Beach and be done with it. Except they didn't have the Neil, so I found myself browsing the used section and came upon this.

$30. I'm happy with that. A small price when you're trying to get ahold of as many of these singles as you can. It probably would've been three times as much on eBay. Or $10 per individual single.

I hope whoever sold it to Spaceboy did it so because they had to for financial reasons. I feel a bond with this mystery person. Unless, of course, he/she is another music critic. Then I just feel sad.

Maybe I should make a seperate blog for Pulp ruminations.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a blog would be the ideal place to fully discuss the question of which of Jarvis' non-word lyrics are the best (the la-la-la-la vs. do-do-do-do vs. ahh-ahh-ahh, ahh-ahh-ahh debate). If you asked me today, I think I'd come down in favor of the "doo doo doo doo doooo" that makes a surprise cameo appearance on the last pass through the chorus in Help the Aged.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

See if you find examples of mah-mah-mah like "O.U. (Gone, Gone") and "She's a Lady" (not the Tom Jones one, sadly). And there's also the yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah at the end of "Babies."

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home