Sunday, October 15, 2006

For the first time in a long, long while, it's actually exciting to be a Pulp obsessive. Oh, I grant you, it's always exciting, otherwise why would I bother? But between JarvSpace, the recent reissues, the upcoming Peel Sessions anthology, and Jarvis Cocker's also-upcoming solo debut, you actually feel like the outside world has responded to the fact that, yes, there are Pulp obsessives still on this planet and, yes, we will buy things.

At some point, all I have to say about all this will show up in some venue. For now, here is the latest development: Jarvis' stint as guest editor for The Observer Music Monthly.

1 Comments:

Blogger bk said...

Channel 4 ran a program the other night on the 100 Greatest Albums (erm, as voted for by Channel 4 viewers). 'Different Class' ranked at 70, and Jarvis was interviewed wearing chunky glasses and a Fair Isle sweater. I was so charmed by our man and his words that I dug out my Fair Isle sweater, which I am wearing as I type this. Oddly, Paul Weller was also wearing a Fair Isle sweater in this special. Pop star trend alert!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home