Monday, February 05, 2007

Two Announcements

1) I didn't think Prince was all that great last night.

2) This month, I turn 30. In commemoration of this event -- and to get some more substantial content up here for the first time in months -- I'll be embarking on a little project. See, I've been writing about music in some forum or another since about 1996. So for each year from '96 onward, I'll take a look at what I decided at that time was the best album of each year, and what I now think was that year's best.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at how bitter and jaded becoming 30 has made you.

I wouldn't compare it to his Hall of Fame performance or, say, the video for Partyman, but considering the weather, the venue and the restrictions in time, selection and medley format that the Super Bowl enforces, he was about as great as he could be under the circumstances.

Perhaps, like me, you're just still upset that Billy Joel wasn't electrocuted during the anthem. They should invite him back until that happens.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I mainly just didn't like the medley. The flow from song to song was really disjointed and jarring, I thought. One cover song ("Watchtower" ideally) would've sufficed. All in all, not a big deal, but the post-performance analyses in newspapers/blogs are acting like he not only played in water, but walked on it as well.

The NFL "press conference" that's on YouTube -- with a great version of "Anotherloverholeinyohead" -- was much, much better.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Greycats said...

I'm so glad I missed this whole thing especially the Billy Joel part. I hate him so very, very much. I wonder if he's releasing that song he wrote for his wife.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home