Monday, April 17, 2006

I’ve gotten the “Anglophile” tag thrown at me more than once, and most of the time, I’m happy to slap that “Hello My Name Is…” right on my Oxford shirt pocket. That said, most of the time I just don’t get the U.K. music scene. How do you explain the enormous overhype-on-steroids treatment of the semi-promising Arctic Monkeys? Then, how do you wrap your head around the very next Next Big Thing -- “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley (from the U.S., natch) -- which actually turns out to be a fantastic song?

A side note: You can buy this song from ITunes U.K., but not U.S. I thought the online music emporium to end them all would render geography moot.

And on the subject of British music: Coming soon to this blog, some pictures from Art Brut’s Philly show from April 7, once I get some, uh, technical issues sorted out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home