Friday, August 11, 2006

Requiem

I could be wrong, but I believe my 12-year-old Sony cassette player finally gave up the ghost last night.

The next step, as I see it, is to buy something cheap and second-hand that doesn’t even have to connect to my stereo. Some of these cassettes, I’m a little attached to 'em. Sure, there are the ones I can (and should) upgrade – the three Sonic Youth ones (including Daydream Nation), Suzanne Vega’s 99.9F and Pete Townshend’s Empty Glass, among others. But what about those out-of-print, latter-day Kinks albums that can serve as fodder for this blog? Or how about those choice early-‘80s Squeeze shows that ‘MMR rebroadcast when I was in high school? (Seriously, they were actually a smokin’ live act back in the day.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Greycats said...

You can have my old boom box. I don't use it anymore and you can listen to my old college radio tapes ( a thrill a minute.)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

You rock!

2:12 PM  
Blogger frankenslade said...

I occasionally download a free trial of a program called Polderbits. For 2 weeks, I burn old tapes, vinyl, and other oddities like crazy.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Looks like a fascinating program. Thanks, Jim.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home