Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Unified Theory of Everything

This is all true.

Today, I attempted to purchase Alfred Hitchcock's Notorious on DVD.

First I went to Borders, where the soundsystem was playing "Notorious" by Duran Duran. But they didn't have the DVD.

Next, I tried the going-out-of-business Tower Records across the street. They didn't have it either. While I was looking, they began playing The Beatles' Abbey Road.

Finally, I went to the TLA Video on Locust St. As I entered, they were playing the last few songs of Abbey Road. And they also did not have the DVD.

What does it all mean?

(BTW: The Criterion Collection DVD of Notorious is out of print. I thought maybe I'd get lucky.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worse, I think the version that's in print is out on Lazerlight studio, which may be the worst in repertory releases. [I say this as a former TLA employee, who knows the ins-and-outs of these things by rote.]

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home